[time-nuts] VP oncore question

Morris Odell vilgotch at bigpond.net.au
Sat Dec 29 02:24:29 EST 2007

Hi all,

This is my first post although I have been reading this list for quite a
while. I am an Aussie time nut with both a HP Z3815A and a Shera-ised 5061A
ticking away in my basement,

I have a question about the venerable VP Oncore receiver. I have obtained a
few of these very cheaply and want to put them to use. Originally they all
had the on-board rechargeable battery option but the batteries are long
gone. These receivers have the battery pin on the connector disconnected to
avoid problems with non rechargeable batteries connected to the on-board
charger. Is it possible to rework the board to allow the use of an external
non-rechargeable backup battery, or if not, where can I find a suitable
tabbed 3 volt rechargeable Li button cell to install on the board?

Any help greatly appreciated

Morris Odell VK3DOC
Melbourne, Australia