[time-nuts] HP 10811 "salvage"

Bill Jones, K8CU k8cu at realhamradio.com
Fri Feb 2 20:45:51 EST 2007

You may try a replacement crystal from Jason Kutz. I remember him saying he
had 16-years experience as a commercial oscillator designer. He had several
hundred crystals and sold a few on eBay last fall. Not an exact physical
match (his are TO-8 package sans the threaded stud) and they are 70-degree
units so you would need to drop your oven 10-degrees from the stock HP
values. For thermal mass attachment you could try thermal epoxy or rig up
your own preferred attachment method. He also had some commercial 5 MHz and
15 MHz crystal values.

Otherwise they are 5th overtone 10-MHz parallel crystals made by Colorado
Crystal and are new old stock. I think they may work for a replacement in
the 10811. If you want a spec sheet Jason may offer you one or you can just
let me know.

Jason was helpful to me and offered advice on my experimental dewar shop
standard oscillator project.

His email address is jcklkutz at yahoo.com

Bill, K8CU
www.realhamradio.com