[time-nuts] Positional accuracy of the M12+T

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Thu Jan 4 05:38:20 EST 2007

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 10:07:11 +0000, "Poul-Henning Kamp"
<phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

>>You say, "the ellipsoide actually isn't one".  I don't understand what
>>that might mean. Care to elaborate?
>
>It is not an ellipsoide, it is some other weird ballon-animal shape.

So, I think the ellipsoid is our best way of describing the rotational
approximation of the world vs a simple sphere. I guess you are saying
that the real shape of the world differs more in your area than in most
of the rest of the world from the ellipsoide model. Is that a correct
interpretation?

My instinct is that this would have most influence on height. The
reality can't be much different from the WGS 84 model can it? Any idea
of the difference in meters?