[time-nuts] Announcing the TAPR "FatPPS" Pulse Stretcher

Normand Martel martelno at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 08:31:30 EST 2007

I've made a such pulse stretcher to render the 1ms
pulse from a CMC Superstar and the 10µS pulse from a
Trimble Lassen SK8 visible via an L.E.D. by using a
simple 555 timer configured in a monostable fashion.

Sure it is not nanosecond precise and i'm not sure AT
ALL it will react to a 20ns pulse, but for a visual
monitoring, it is perfect (pulse stretched to about
30ms).

73 de Normand VE2UM
Montreal, QC Canada