[time-nuts] Giove A has become "official" now.

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Mon Jan 15 08:59:16 EST 2007

Today GNSS is woven very deep into national infrastructure - CDMA radio
systems, power generation, network time, etc, etc. Had the US elevated GPS
from a US DoD system to a "NATO controlled" system in the late nineties
that might have defused the drive from one or a few of the larger NATO/EU
countries to build GNSS-2 that is now known as Galileo.

I think its a very good idea - for everyone including the US - that EU now
builds a third Global GNSS system.

Why do you think Galileo will not be free for the user of the open service?

--

   Björn