[time-nuts] Giove A has become "official" now.

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Jan 15 09:46:21 EST 2007

In message <20070115.152454.-432837393.cfmd at bredband.net>, Magnus Danielson wri
tes:

>I have heard that the proposed fee was 1 EUR, but I don't know the current
>idea about it.

The 1EUR per receiver fee is not decided and if it was, it would be
pointless, because there is no way to enforce and it would never
amount to enough money to matter anyway.

>If there is a license fee, then it will be a "gold" system only,

Actually, I think the "value add" of the subscription service is
another signal one second later saying "the data for last second
was received correct at our monitoring station, so you can rely
on it".