[time-nuts] Assistance needed: Odetics 325 owners

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Tue Jan 16 09:34:55 EST 2007

	I know at least one of the listmembers owns a functional Odetics 325, but I don't recall who it is.

	Would those who have functioning units, as well as the inclination to do some test-point probing, please get in touch with me? I would need you to do some simple tests involving monitoring of the RS232-level signals on the MPU board test points SCIRX and AUXRX.

	What I'm trying to do is see what the data on those points looks like in a working unit, one that actually hears the birds, vs. the stuff I'm getting from my own. This will greatly aid my efforts in determining a course of action for replacement of dead GPS modules.

	In case you want to do this before you get in touch with me: You'd be looking at 9600 baud data on either point, seven data bits, no parity, one stop bit. Brief text or hex-format dumps from each point would be immensely helpful.

	Thanks much.

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"If Salvador Dali had owned a computer, would it have been equipped with surreal ports?"