[time-nuts] HP5370A vs HP5370B...

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Jul 4 21:29:16 EDT 2007

I don't know the specifics of this case, but often
the model number suffix was incremented just to obsolete
the existing installed base.  Once obsoleted, the clock
started to run on the support life (typically 5 years).
Keep in mind that ECO's can be and often are applied
to products without incrementing the suffix.  The chances
are like you said, some component went obsolete, and they
needed to do a lifetime buy, etc.

Rick Karlquist N6RK