[time-nuts] NIST frequency doubler

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Sat Jul 7 23:52:34 EDT 2007

Well, I guess that is according to NIST. I do not see how an active doubler
can have lower noise than a passive one, especially when the original signal
has already been degraded by 20log2, or 6 dB so the contribution of the
doubler would not even be noticed unless the source was so much better.
Regardless, an interesting observation, but I am skeptical. I have seen
other stupid measurement procedures come out of these high ranking so called
official institutions over the past 40 years. There are a couple I am
fighting right now, one regarding measurement of AM/PM conversion and the
other basing oscillator long time ageing on short term measurements. Regards
- Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731