[time-nuts] Active LF Antennas

Joe Landers time at hireindex.com
Thu Jul 19 23:43:48 EDT 2007

Tom,

Since the article and FAQ on the AMRAD site were
written, the split bobbin transformer is has become
available from Digi-Key. You don't have to special
order it.

If you don't want to build it yourself, Steve Ratzlaff
also makes a lowfer active whip that's used by LWCA
(Longwave Club of America) members. It's an excellent
design and works very well. You can find his address
in the Yahoo "loopantennas" group.

If you're located in an area with strong MW broadcast
signals, you'll want to think about a good LPF (low
pass filter) to cut down IMD. You can build one yourself.
Kiwa sells a nice one too.

The Wellbrook loop is also very good and has excellent
IMD characteristics. But right now, the foreign exchange
rate is a killer.

Joe