[time-nuts] Building a DC Block Thingy....

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri Jul 27 19:42:12 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/27/2007 14:48:20 Pacific Daylight Time, jra at febo.com
writes:

>With  the external power, I still have a point of failure, but
>accidentally  turning off a GPS without remembering the consequences
>isn't an  issue.

Hi John,

with a simple Schottky diode one could wire up more than just Port 1.

But you are right, it's definitely a dependency.

BTW: before I added the port-1 power, I used another HP 1-to-2 splitter to
feed power into the 1-to-8 splitter: it was simply back-feeding through the
antenna port!

Worked great, but did require the additional 1-to-2 splitter.

On that 1-to-2 splitter, all three ports are DC connected in  paralell.

bye,
Said