[time-nuts] HP 5370B low frequency modulation

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Sun Jul 29 16:18:51 EDT 2007

Hi Didier,

The reason that SMA connectors don't go above 21GHz is there is
a wicked discontinuity in the female connector.  The 141's shield
comes flush with the connector/nut's body, but only the nut's body
touches the shield of the connector.  That leaves a step from the
coax shield to the connector shield... not good!

The APC3.5 solved that problem by making the connector smoothly
transform from the 141's shield to the connector.  To do this, it
has it's own integral center pin, and teflon insulator.  It is really
a better connector... but you have to solder it to the coax.

-Chuck Harris