[time-nuts] common mode loran comparisons

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat Jun 2 20:08:37 EDT 2007

Hi Poul:

I've spent quite some time looking at those web pages, but writing code in "C"
is something I can't bring myself to learn.  I like the PIC micro controllers
and the idea of having a small stand alone low power unit that does not need to
tie up a PC.

I got one of the SDR-IQ radios that's speced to go down to 500 Hz (not kHz, but
Hz).  I'm planning on using it to visualize Bat chirps, see:
http://www.prc68.com/I/Bats.shtml#SDR-IQ
It should also be great for LORAN-C, but again PC software would be needed.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com
http://www.precisionclock.com