[time-nuts] another Ebay mixup, 5370

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sat Jun 9 20:38:06 EDT 2007

Pretty similar results here, taken from the 5370B's rear-panel output while
running on the internal 10811B (attached).  Indicated jitter with this setup
is about the same as it was on the ext ref via the 5087A (10-12 ps).

I've seen this counter return self-test jitter results in the 15-25 ps range
before.  Not sure why it's in such a good mood today.

At any rate, it doesn't appear that the wave shape is a problem... but of
course, you will usually get better jitter readings with a fast edge than
with a sine wave.

-- john, KE5FX