[time-nuts] another Ebay mixup, 5370

Henk ten Pierick henk at deriesp.demon.nl
Thu Jun 14 14:32:10 EDT 2007

Hi Said,

We have a lot of fet probes in our lab, including Tek, hp and
Philips.  Only one is useful for jitter measurements with the
Wavcrest, the hp 200MHz differential probe. I use it most of the time
single ended. It is the noise bandwidth of the probe that is of most
importance.
If realy a fet probe is needed, than use a lowpass filter with enough
bandwidth after the probe. Most of the time the majority of the
jitter is still seen and the large noise bandwidth of the probe is
attenuated.

Henk