[time-nuts] Setting Osc Frequencies

VK3YV vk3yv at netspace.net.au
Fri Mar 2 20:52:24 EST 2007

HI All , first time request. I wish to know how I can accurately set some
oscillators on frequency. I have 3 Sulzer oscillators .. 1 x 2.5A and 2 x
2.5C's and 1 matching P/S with dead nicads.
My main reference is a  Trimble Thunderbird which was the second source to
the HP unit was used in cellular phone installations in the US a while ago I
think that they maybe Nortel pulls like the HP's that were around.
I have tried in the past by putting the main reference into input "A" and
triggering 1 cycle of 10 MHZ and feeding one of the other oscillators into
input "B" and adjusting the Sulzer to be totally overlaid with no movement
over many hours.. All Sulzers had been on for 36 hours before the test.and
the Trimble has been on for 2 years.
What accuracy can I expect from this method, and is there a better method
with the equipment I have.
Regards, Don     VK3YV.......