[time-nuts] 5370a manual

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Mar 7 16:20:02 EST 2007

> Good luck with your 5370! Both my units have the bad socket syndrom,
> and it is getting to the point where I have pretty much decided to
> replace all the sockets.

Many years ago, I worked on a system full of chips in sockets and the
associated reliability problems.  Standard prototype stuff.

One of the guys had a technician add some solder to the power/ground pins on
every chip.  Problem solved.

I don't think power/ground was significant.  They were just handy opposite
corners to hold the chip securely in the socket so vibration and flex
couldn't help it walk out.