[time-nuts] Low Drop Out Voltage Regulator

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Fri Mar 9 02:59:47 EST 2007

Linear Technology LT1170

It's an integrated switcher, you need an inductor and a schottky diode
(and a couple of capacitors and resistors) but it will run with a small
heat sink and will help extend battery life.

It's available in several packages, I prefer the modified TO-220 (5 pins)

The LT1070 has a 0.15 ohm on-resistance switch, so your voltage drop
will be 0.3V in the switch, 0.4V or so in the schottky (or less) and
whatever resistive losses in the inductor and wiring.

Didier KO4BB