[time-nuts] TrueTime XL-AK Time & Frequency Receiver

Richard W. Solomon w1ksz at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 16 22:07:36 EDT 2007

I bailed out of work early today and got to play with this receiver.
I turned it on, and turned on my GPSDO I built and let them run for
about 2 hours. Now I know this is not long enough. but I really wanted
to see what a Lissajous pattern looked like.
After both locked up and sat for a while, I had an oval that drifted
so slowly I couldn't see any movement, but coming back after about 30
minutes I could see it had moved slightly.
Now where can I get a lesson on interpreting Lissajous patterns and
how to calculate frequency (or phase) difference from these patterns ?

I can see where this could get addictive !!

Thanks,

73, Dick, W1KSZ