[time-nuts] Another manual request: Rohde & Schwarz SMG?

Paul Boven p.boven at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 22 09:31:55 EDT 2007

Hi Robert, everyone,

Robert Atkinson schreef:
> This may sound obvious, but could the lamps be blown?

Now that you mention it, that is something obvious to look for. A bad
flu has kept me from opening up the unit, and I had assumed that it
would be backlit by LEDs given the pictures I've seen.

> Normally backlights are always on or will come on if a control is moved.
> It's possible that there is a function somewhere to permanently turn
> them off, but it's unusual. I'd expect them to come on at least briefly
> during the power on sequence.

There are 3 displays with 2 lights each.. would be rare but not
impossible for all 6 of them to be gone. I'll have a look inside once I
get a bit better.

Thanks for your reply,
Paul Boven.
73 de PE1NUT