[time-nuts] Question for the cesium nuts.

Daun Yeagley daun at yeagley.net
Sat Mar 24 11:12:16 EDT 2007

A couple of years ago my wife dropped her digital camera in a parking lot at a
wedding we were attending.  The camera would turn on, but it complained that
there was no memory card.  When we got back home, I opened it up to find that a
surface mount dual transistor that controls power to the memory card had come
loose.  I thought it strange that this was the problem, considering how rugged
SM usually is.  After a lot of research, I was able to find out what the part
was and get a replacement. (NOT, of course from the camera manufacturer.. they
would only sell me the completed board at a cost exceeding the price I had
originally paid for the entire camera!).  Works fine again now.

Daun