[time-nuts] Report from a Swedish ham-fest

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Sun Mar 25 07:57:41 EDT 2007

Hi fellow time-nuts,

Yesterday I went to a Swedish ham-fest in Eskilstuna just for the fun of it.
A few counters, modules, a couple of spectrum analyzers and quite a few
oscilloscopes of various vintage and speed.

As I didn't have much cache with me, I didn't end up having a lot of trouble
on my way home. One of my friends however came home with three modules for his
HP 5245L counter. I do have the 5253B manual, I did find the 5254C manual (the
module that I ended up transporting for him) where as I have yeat to find the
manual for the 5255 module. He paid 100 SEK (about 14 USD) per module, so I
think he did a good deal there. One of them will require some mechanical
maintenance (it seems like cleaning it up may be what is needed).

I think it's time for me to tune his 5245L up. :-)

Cheers,
Magnus