[time-nuts] Ultra low phase noise floor measurement system for RF devices.

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri Mar 30 21:47:51 EDT 2007

In a message dated 3/30/2007 16:02:15 Pacific Daylight Time,
bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz writes:

It does  in fact measure below the thermal noise floor.
This is not too difficult as  it uses a crosscorrelation technique.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

interesting how microphonic effects would affect the results.

I see my instrumentation jumping by several 1E-12 units everytime I walk
into the lab since my benches are not shock insulated.

At -200dBc (we have to think about that number for a while!!) - that's
counting single electrons every couple of seconds I would think...

bye,
Said