[time-nuts] NTP problem on Windows

Rob Kimberley rk at timing-consultants.com
Thu May 17 11:54:42 EDT 2007

Have been using the Meinberg version 0.9l for some time now without problem
on two XP based laptops over a wireless router to internet. What version are
you using? I know there were bugs in earlier releases.

My config file below:- (the two non-pool servers are my GPS based Meinberg
units).

# NTP Network Time Protocol
# Configuration File created by Windows Binary Distribution Installer Rev.:
1.16  mbg
# please check http://www.ntp.org for additional documentation and
background information

# Use drift file
driftfile "C:\Program Files\NTP\etc\ntp.drift"

# your local system clock, could be used as a backup
# (this is only useful if you need to distribute time no matter how good or
bad it is)
#server 127.127.1.0
# but it should operate at a high stratum level to let the clients know and
force them to
# use any other timesource they may have.
#fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 12

# Use a NTP server from the ntp pool project (see http://www.pool.ntp.org)
# Please note that you need at least four different servers to be at least
protected against
# one falseticker. If you only rely on internet time, it is highly
recommended to add
# additional servers here.
# The 'iburst' keyword speeds up initial synchronization, please check the
documentation for more details!
 server 0.uk.pool.ntp.org
 server 1.uk.pool.ntp.org
 server 2.uk.pool.ntp.org
 server 3.uk.pool.ntp.org
 server 192.168.2.25
 server 192.168.2.20

# End of generated ntp.conf --- Please edit this to suite your needs

#Section insert by NTP Time Server Monitor 04/07/2006

enable stats
statsdir "C:\Program Files\NTP\etc\"
statistics loopstats

Rob K