[time-nuts] NTP offset

Mike Seguin n1jez at verizon.net
Thu May 17 19:40:37 EDT 2007

Howdy,

Does anyone know of software that could be used to delay NTP by a preset
amount?

Here's the scenario: I work for Public Radio. They have a new satellite
audio delivery system called Content Depot. It has the ability to output
NTP. All fine and well. The problem is that the audio delivered is delayed
due to processing by ~ 700ms so the time syncing doesn't match the audio
delivery. What I was hoping to do was pull off the NTP for a Content Depot
receiver, delay by 700 ms and send it around to the rest of my computers
that rely heavily on time sync (like automation).

Mike