[time-nuts] NTS-200 Antenna Power Mod

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Sat May 19 22:37:10 EDT 2007

Fellow clockers,

	I just got done reinstalling my TrueTime NTS-200 network time server in a different rack. This required, among other things, installation of a new antenna on the opposite side of the house from where my original one is.

	The new antenna was a Symmetricom/HP 58532A, which requires 5V bias. Unfortunately, the NTS-200 was designed to supply 12V, and there is no easy jumper or software setting to change that.

	So -- After a bit of work, I came up with a minimally-destructive hardware modification to change the +12 feed to +5.

	If anyone else owns an NTS-200, and you've been wanting to use it with a 5V antenna, drop me a note and I'll be happy to send you pictures and details.

	Fair warning: It requires fine-point soldering, a bit of wire-wrap wire, and a lot of patience.

	Keep the peace(es).

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"If Salvador Dali had owned a computer, would it have been equipped with surreal ports?"