[time-nuts] 15 ns vs. 15 nS

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Tue May 22 09:26:04 EDT 2007

If I recall correctly, unit names based on proper names get an upper
case (like Siemens, Joules, Curie and others), others don't get any
respect (gram, calorie, meter and such)

So it would be correct that nS would be nano Siemens and ns would be
nano second.

Having been on the western side of the pond for too long (people here
could not care less about SI units, they drive on parkways and park on
driveways anyhow), I got bad habits, sorry...

Didier