[time-nuts] HP E1938 oscillator

Dr Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sat May 26 18:19:17 EDT 2007

Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
> Regarding non-USA requestors:  I will need to look
> into the customs aspect of this.  If anyone on the
> list can give me a tutorial on this it would be
> helpful.  These are "gifts" if that matters for
> customs purposes.  Also, they have essentially zero
> market value as "discards".
>
> I am happy that I can give these a good home.  I almost
> threw them away last month while cleaning up.
>
> Rick Karlquist

Rick

When sending via US Postal service a USPS Customs Declaration and
Dispatch note (PS form 2976-A CP 72) is filled out and attached to the
parcel.
This has sender and addressee plus list of contents with value and
postage cost.
Declaring it as a gift helps in most destinations.

In NZ theoretically, 12.5% GST is charged on the declared value
(assessed value if no value declared).
No other taxes/duty apply at this end, and most of us can claim this
back anyway.
Also for low value items they don't seem to bother charging this -too
much paper work for them.

UPS and Fedex have similar customs declaration forms.

Bruce