[time-nuts] HP E1938 oscillator

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sun May 27 18:49:26 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/27/2007 15:25:24 Pacific Daylight Time,
Arnold.Tibus at gmx.de writes:

>I  think that it is obvious for everybody, restricted items or confidential
>documents cannot be shipped this way.

Hi Arnold,

you are probably right, it's probably not a big deal to send these items
overseas. All that needs to be done by Rick is to check against the  CCL and make
a judgement call.

We are talking about the US export controls here, the EU import regulations
are a totally different beast.

Rick did however ask for advice from the group, and I just stated what  the
law says :) And again, I worked for someone who got into trouble with
exporting high-tech stuff so I am probably more conservative than other  folks.

Then again de-facto ways of doing things, and de-jure are two totally
different things.

Lastly, he is probably not going to send only one or two overseas, but  a
hole bunch so his exposure is higher.

bye,
Said