[time-nuts] PRS-10 findings

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed May 30 03:10:12 EDT 2007

Hello guys,

some time ago we talked about curious humps in the ADEV of the SRS PRS-10  Rb
at around 20s intervalls.

I think I may have more info on that (and as usually that raises more
questions):

Below is a capture of the phase offset between a PRS10 1PPS  output compared
to the Jackson-Labs Fury 1PPS output as measured with a  53132A.

The Fury output has been shifted by about 80ns to give a  nice phase offset
for the 53132A to measure.

Besides the underlying counter noise, there clearly is a jump of  about 0.5 -
1ns visible exactly once every 15 seconds! Indicated by  arrows.

Could this be the counter self-calibrating?  This is too regular to be
co-incident.

Has anyone else seen this?

I don't see this on a scope when comparing two 1PPS's so I do think it's  the
counter.

0.078,3 us
0.078,1 us
0.078,3 us