[time-nuts] HP 5065A Cell flooding what is it?

mc0fred at gmail.com mc0fred at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 19:17:15 EST 2007

G'Day All,
                  I am in the process of starting up an old HP 5065A
rubidium standard which has been switched off for a couple of years. I
have followed the manual on the start p procedure but I get a very low
2nd harmonic measurement ~10 on the internal meter. This value does
waver up to 20 some times and the continuous operation light flashes
for a moment.

I have not started the procedure to correct "cell flooding" yet and
would like to understand what this actually is and how the "Thermo
Electric Device" may help this.

Does anyone have any pointers for information about this please?

Regards Scott

P.S. Thanks for the manual copy Frank!