[time-nuts] OT: AC voltage standard

Joe McElvenney ximac at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 6 06:57:27 EST 2007

Hi,

Excuse the topic but is does push the same buttons as it were.
After calibrating my old HP54502A 6-bit digitizing scope I'm left
with an error I can't quite believe and so am trying to determine
which of my instruments is telling me lies.

Anyone know of a simple way of producing an AC voltage standard
suitable for general workshop use without reference to another
one? About one percent would be good enough, wave shape and
frequency accuracy not important (wash my mouth out). I have a
Weston Cell for DC voltage calibration, a Rb one for frequency but
nothing for AC volts. Perhaps there is a chip out there that
clocks between accurate limits that I could use as a source?

Thanks - Joe