[time-nuts] LORAN-C antenna

Stan W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Mon Nov 12 22:01:39 EST 2007

Hello Didier,

I am using a commercial active whip antenna, McKay-Dymek model DA100A.
It is outside on a tripod, about 12' to the base. Very broadband and
omnidirectional.
I use for VLF RX on 137 and 185 KHz as well as RX during HF FMTs.
A resonant magnetic loop antenna may have enough bandwidth, but will be
(bi)directional.

100 KHz Loran-C stations near you are:
Malone, FL,  master on GRI 79800 and secondary (W) on GRI 89700
Jupiter, FL, secondary (Y) on GRI 79800
also secondary stations in Carolina Beach, NC and Grangeville, LA

if you need station exact lat and long, let me know.

Stan, W1LE   FN41sr   Cape Cod