[time-nuts] LORAN-C antenna

James Maynard james.h.maynard at usa.net
Tue Nov 13 11:20:29 EST 2007

I have used a Palomar Engineers loop antenna, together with their loop
amplifier, feeding the output directly to the input of my oscilloscope. I
devised a programmable counter to divide the 5 MHz output of an HP10811A down
to the group repetition interval (GRI) of my local Loran-C chain. The purpose
was to calibrate the HP10811A.

It worked well enough for my purpose, back in the 1970s, when I was
experimenting with "coherent CW" (CCW).

---
Jim Maynard, K7KK
Salem, Oregon, USA