[time-nuts] GPS Jamming in the UK

n3izn at aol.com n3izn at aol.com
Tue Nov 13 13:13:22 EST 2007

I was involved in deploying one of the early CDMA networks here. CDMA relies on GPS for it's timing and has a GPS unit at every site. I was told that sometimes they put in an offset or a warble(?) to confuse the civilian units. The manufacture of the GPS units had to go through several revisions to provide accurate time to the sites. I haven't heard about any problems in quite a while, but then again I've been working on those Global Standard Mess systems lately.