[time-nuts] New Time nut FRK-H repair questions --- IT Works!!

swingbyte swingbyte at exemail.com.au
Thu Nov 22 23:02:56 EST 2007

Thanks for the help - the manual is great.
I have trimmed the xtal so the control voltage is around 8.5V.  The lock
output is working - drops from 1.5V to 0.03 volts when locked.
I only have an old HP5340A with OCXO option as my frequency meter.  It
reads 10.000000MHz as the output from the FRK.  One thing interesting is
that before I adjusted the trimmer, the FRK came up at 10MHz from
power-up, now it approaches from 9.999947MHz but still locks at
10.000000MHz.   Of course now I have to find a way of calibrating it or
its going to annoy me like an itch you cant scratch.  I have a GPS
receiver I have to get going that has a 1PPS output on it.  What would
be an appropriate way to use this to calibrate the FRK - in my lifetime:)
Also, my FRK as an option for external frequency control.  I couldn't
find info in the manual on this ( admit I haven't read it fully yet),
can anyone tell me how these connectors should be used?
Thanks for your help.

Tim
Always wanted my own atomic clock