[time-nuts] 1Mhz to 1 PPS

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Tue Nov 27 09:02:19 EST 2007

You will need a clock shaper to convert the sine to a digital signal, and a series of dividers.

You can look at my page on clock shapers for ideas:

http://www.ko4bb.com/Timing/ClockShaper.html

If you look through the archives, I believe earlier this year there was a thread about the respective noise performance of various logic technologies, but I am sure someone can recommend the current best-in-class divider for low noise. For any but the most demanding applications, I am sure that standard CMOS decade counters in the AC, HC, ACT or HCT series would work fine, such as the 74ACT162.

Look at this page for comparison of CMOS technologies:

http://www.solarbotics.net/bftgu/starting_elect_ic.html

Didier KO4BB