[time-nuts] OT: Prologix GPIB and HP3478A...

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Tue Nov 27 22:33:53 EST 2007

Hi Gang!

I just bought a Prologix GPIB <-> USB converter model, version 5.00,
and I am having some problems.  It works fine on some of my instruments,
but it just locks up when I hook it to an HP3478A DVM.  The DVM is
known good, and works great with my HP85B (doesn't everything?).

Basically, if I do any commands that require bus activity, the Prologix
locks up and refuses to respond to even the ++ver command.  When I unplug
the HP3478A, the Prologix once again finds its happy spot, and responds
normally.

Any ideas?

-Chuck Harris