[time-nuts] Wireless Routers and NTP

Björn Gabrielsson bg at lysator.liu.se
Wed Nov 28 14:03:22 EST 2007

On Wed, November 28, 2007 17:17, Rob Kimberley said:
> I will also post this to the NTP group, but maybe someone in Time Nuts has
> an answer...
>
> Does anyone have recommendations for an ADSL Wireless Router that I can
> manually set the NTP Server address on?

Most routers I have tried actually did let you configure the NTP server to
use. But if you have trouble with your current "all in one" device, just
get a  Linksys/Buffalo/Asus-router. Either you stick to the orginal
firmware or change to DD-WRT or some other free option. Leave your current
router, disable its wireless interface and add a new cheap wifi-router to
your lan.

Good Luck!

--

  Björn