[time-nuts] HP 8924C's on ebay

Jeff Mock jeff at mock.com
Thu Nov 29 01:32:31 EST 2007

There seem to be a bunch of HP8924C's up on ebay for about $1500. It's
intended function is for CDMA testing, but it seems to be a pretty
general RF communications tester.  Even if you don't care about the CDMA
stuff, it's a 1GHz spectrum analyzer, RF signal generator that can be
used as a tracking generator and sweeper (I think), power meter, and a
few other features.

Does anyone have any experience with this thing?  Is it something useful
for the money or a boat anchor?  It looks interesting but I'm not sure I
need another big heavy box...

jeff