[time-nuts] Prologix & 3478A

Grant Hodgson grant at ghengineering.co.uk
Thu Nov 29 14:32:49 EST 2007

Chuck

I've got a Prologix 3.12 and a 3478A; I've only ever used the former
with John Ms. s/w and HP analysers.  I'll happily test it with the 3478A
if you give me some simple instructions for a simple XP user.

regards

Grant

Making changes for the sake of making changes is probably a folly.
The Prologix concept is sound the way it is, but it should have some
mention of the known limitations.

It would be nice if we could find a couple of other folks that
have 3478's to test with the Prologix unit.

Because the 3478 uses 75ALS160/161's, it could have the tristate/pullup
modes selected by the microprocessor.  So it could be a part failure,
or a firmware problem.

I will try and determine which is true, but it will have to wait for
a while.

Thanks to all for their help and input into my problem

-Chuck Harris