[time-nuts] OT: Test for NI IEEE-488 interface

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Sat Oct 6 12:17:55 EDT 2007

Didier,

> I do not have a plug-in NI card (I do have a USB type
> controller from NI
> though) so I am not sure what I am going to say will work,
> but it's worth a try.

I am not sure by 100%, just say 99 % but I believe that the DLL
installed with ALL NI IEEE-488 interfaces is pretty much the same
regardless of the type of interface and that the handling of different
interfaces is managed completely INSIDE the DLL itself. That is why I am
hoping to find a suitable test for ALL NI interfaces and your
suggestions are well worth trying. I have currently a PCI-interface
available to make some experiments with and would like to send you some
tests for your USB based interface ASAP in case you are willing to help
me with that.

73 and my best regards
Ulrich