[time-nuts] Digital Scopes - suggestions

Patrick optomatic at rogers.com
Wed Oct 24 10:07:51 EDT 2007

Hi John

I think I have the perfect suggestion for you.

I spent 200+ hours researching scopes before I started my business,
primarily because I am a cheap bastard. I finally found what I wanted,
at the price I wanted. Please check out bitscope.com. I bought one over
a year ago and it has paid for itself many times over. The support has
been absolutely excellent. It is a PC controlled scope but it is
external to the PC so it does not pick up noise.I bought the 310N, it
has a built in logic analyzer, an signal out function and it can monitor
two channels by multiplexing one. It can trigger from logic or analog.
It runs on Windows and Linux. There are now Debian and Ubuntu packages
for easy install and they are just releasing a control library. Together
with my AEMC current probe I have used it to fix a number of difficult
problems.

I had to pay a 7% tariff to get it into Canada but shipping was cheap
and the price is low to start with. I just checked the current price and
it looks like it is $585 U.S

Please don't hesitate ask if you have any questions. Bruce at Bitscope
had been very helpful and sold me a great scope. I feel I owe him time
considering the insane amount of questions I have asked him, of which
none of them were due to shortcomings of his product.

-Patrick