[time-nuts] Parallel voltage regulators

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Thu Oct 25 00:02:33 EDT 2007

Hi Tom:

When I had that problem a work around was to parallel a battery with the power
supply (using a diode).  The battery supplies the extra current while the oven
warms up.  If the power supply voltage is a little higher than the battery
voltage when the oven is warmed up then the diode disconnects the battery.  A
resistor shunting the diode will then set a small charging current.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com
http://www.precisionclock.com