[time-nuts] Redifon Drive Unit - not quite on topic!

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Tue Oct 30 17:53:38 EDT 2007

In a message dated 30/10/2007 20:13:42 GMT Standard Time,  murray at rakon.co.nz
writes:

I'm  clutching a few straws here, but as T&F enthusiasts you might see  a
connection to what I'm after. I am looking for any information  (manual
or whatever) for a 1980s vintage Redifon exciter, the DU505M  Synthesized
Driver Unit. I can send a photo if it might help.

Some  hint as to where to look for this information would be most
helpful. Do you  know any Redifon collectors or archives?

I am keen to use this nice  unit as a source for precision propagation
experiments, and as a 30m  beacon. It is single reference synthesized and
runs all sorts of modes  (including ISB!) I plan to use it in conjunction
with a GPS disciplined  reference. Output is about 50mW, or just  under
1mW/kg!

Hi Murray

Information on the DU5xx series seems quite hard to come by.

I've got manuals for the earlier GK203N and SD1 drive units but also  have a
DU500 that needs some TLC and I've found nothing for that.

I don't know how close the DU505 is to the DU500 but if you find anything
I'd certainly be interested in taking a look.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR