[time-nuts] OT: You know your getting old when...

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Sep 6 21:41:57 EDT 2007

> especially when the intended meaning is obvious... such as mHz in an
> RF group.  One would have to be pretty dumb to think that might mean
> milliHertz.

Years ago, I was in the lab when X came in collecting people for lunch.

Y had just started debugging a new board.  It was getting its clock from a
signal generator.   He was poking around with a scope.  Nothing was making
sense.  Where he expected to find wiggling signals they were solid.  When he
checked again they had often changed state.  He was reluctant to leave while
chasing something so simple but so frustrating.

X looked around and asked "Why are you running at 20 millihertz?"