[time-nuts] M$-Vi$ta-compliant PC RTC clock card?

Rob Kimberley rk at timing-consultants.com
Thu Sep 20 07:26:12 EDT 2007

One factor to remember about good ol' PCs is that not all of the timing
problem is down to the RTC. A lot of timing errors are down to Interrupts. A
busy PC can lose 100s of milliseconds a day as a result of Interrupt
activity.

Personally I don't worry about the base accuracy of the PC (RTC or other),
and make sure I'm running NTP linked to a good reference source.

Rob K