[time-nuts] Prologix and Windows 98SE

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Thu Sep 20 12:06:51 EDT 2007

I believe that the later versions of the DOS BASIC compiler support more
than two COM ports. I'm not sure, but I believe that MS must have released
this old software for free use, as I have seen it posted on many
(non-pirate) sites. Look for PDS and VBDOS, which were later versions of
QuickBasic.

BTW, QBasic is the interpreter-only version of QuickBasic (more or less).

If you are using VisualBasic (not VBDOS), I thought that it supported more
than two COM ports.

One other alternative is FreeBasic. And before anyone else says it, you
could use C, Python, etc. (insert language of choice).  :-)