[time-nuts] Connecting my Oncores

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Wed Apr 2 01:51:29 EDT 2008

Quoth Chris Kuethe at 2008-04-02 16:15...
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 8:38 PM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:
>>  It's also worth checking gpsd.  It knows how to talk to lots and lots of GPS
>>  units and can smash some of them into a useful state.
>
> I haven't got around to writing an oncore driver yet. There was one in
> the works but the people working on it fell off the edge of the world.
> I just (like within the last 5 minutes) got my inside antenna
> distribution gear set up. My garmin is happy, so I can look into
> hacking on oncore support now.

Aha - didn't realise you were a gpsd author, although I have now spotted
a familiar name at the bottom of the man page...

I've got the VP and the GT+ here (if I can get the latter to work at
all) if you want anything tested.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/