[time-nuts] 5 MHZ PIC PPS Divider?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Apr 12 10:44:06 EDT 2008

Thanks, Bruce.  I considered the idea of a multiplier but would like to
use a software-only solution if I can.  That's not only for simplicity,
but also to eliminate additional sources of jitter; the experiment I
have in mind is to test the second-to-second noise (and short term noise
trends) of GPS and other PPS sources,* so I'm looking for as stable a
reference as I can get.  The additional noise from a mulitplier may be
small, but I want to minimize the number of unknowns.

Thanks!

John

* I realize that I'll also be limited by counter resolution.
----